Battle In The Bubble
A Competitive Alternative
Battle In The Bubble is an elite college basketball event that offers a competitive alternative to the traditional regular season game schedule while placing priority on the health and safety of student-athletes. Working in conjunction with health experts, doctors and medical professionals, U-Sports Group has created an event platform that provides an environment to complete a safe, controlled and competitive non-conference game slate in-between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
Battle In The Bubble will take place December 1st - 21st, 2020 in Houston, Texas. Conveniently connected via sky bridge, the George R. Brown Convention Center and Hilton Americas-Houston will play host to this ground-breaking college basketball event. Battle In The Bubble will feature 20 Division I Men's Basketball Programs from a variety of conferences. Teams will be placed into (2) 10-team divisions while competing in a maximum of 8 non-conference games during the 21-day event.
Our Top 5 Objectives
- Provide a competitive environment where teams can develop and improve in preparation for conference play
- Provide premier opportunities for teams to build a strong non-conference resume
- Provide an event platform that prioritizes the health, safety and well-being of the student-athlete
- Provide a platform to push the conversation further regarding social injustice and combating racism in our country
- Provide a great overall experience for the players, coaches and athletic staff
Modeled after the NBA "Bubble"
Battle in the Bubble will execute all event activities in a safe, secluded and sanitized environment. The event will provide hotel accommodations, team meals, laundry services, weight room facilities, practice courts and game arena. COVID-19 testing, on-site medical staff and 24-hour security will also be included. Battle In The Bubble will provide national television exposure and optional in-person evaluation from NBA personnel, however, no fan or visitor participation will be permitted.
Contact us today to get you connected with our team of experts to help you on your journey to success.